A sewing machine extension table is a platform that’s attached close to the sewing machine to enlarge its working space. The function of the extension table of a sewing machine can’t be underestimated, apart from holding the weight of the fabrics when you’re working with a lot of fabrics it also helps stability while quilting, embroidery, or large sewing projects.
Also, the fact that it helps the fabric to be on the same level as your sewing machine makes working on fabrics easier and smoother. They’re quite handy for working on large projects.
Review of The 10 Best Sewing Machine With Extension Table
While compiling this list we considered the quality of the extension table and the other essential features that are required in a sewing machine to enable you to have an enjoyable sewing experience and guide you in making a smart buying decision.
If you’ve ever felt like you could use a larger working space, here are the high-quality sewing machines with extension table options available.
1. Brother Innov-is NV1800Q Sewing Machine
This is very useful for all kinds of sewing jobs. Has lots of built-in stitches for all your sewing needs.
This machine has a lot to offer both quilters and sewers ranging from its ICAPS fabric sensor system which detects fabric thickness and automatically adjusts pressure to ensure even stitch quality, a feature which is loved.
Another thing you will love about this machine is its pivot function feature which allows the fabric to be turned quickly and accurately. You can select the stitch and adjust stitch settings and the ‘My Custom Stitch’ feature lets you design your decorative stitch and save them to memory.
Lastly, with its standard and additional sophisticated features, it’s very easy to use and gives quality results at all times.
- Advanced needle threading system.
- Extra bright LED lighting to illuminate your work area.
- Slide speed control to adjust speed.
- Knee lift to free your hands when working on large projects.
- Large clear LCD screen with touch sensor keypad.
- 232 built-in utility stitches and decorative stitches.
2. Bernette B77 Sewing Machine
This makes it easy to quilt, sew and work on large projects. It has a drop-feed feature for free motion quilting.
B77 is an affordable machine with a lot of included accessories to improve the quality of its performance. Enjoy countless creative possibilities with its dual feed for even fabric feeding and sewing consultant which gives valuable sewing tips.
Additionally, it focuses exclusively on sewing and quilting and it’s equipped with new stitches and techniques that make your quilts, clothes or accessories come out with a unique and impressive look.
This easy-to-use computerized machine is perfect for quilters and sewers with any level of skill.
- 500 built-in stitches.
- Extension table to provide enlarged sewing area.
- Semi-automatic needle threader.
- Colour touchscreen with a touch screen pen to keep the screen clean.
- 8 presser foot soles.
3. JANOME 230DC Sewing Machine
This machine has different built-in stitches, different buttonhole styles, and more advanced features to make sewing easier and faster.
230DC is an attractive computerized sewing machine with features that bring about excellent performance. Quilters especially love its maximum speed control feature that once set before starting the project, the settings won’t change while working.
With a variety of decorative, quilting, and satin stitches that can be selected on the large display screen, you can explore your creative sewing experience. It comes with a hardcover and extension table which you rarely see at this cost.
- 30 built-in stitches option.
- Automatic needle threader and jam-proof drop-in bobbin system.
- The maximum speed of 820 stitches per minute.
- Wide extension table.
- Built-in carry handle and hardcover case.
- LCD screen.
- Maximum speed slider.
- Lock stitch feature.
- Start/stop button feature.
4. Elna eXperience 570 Sewing Machine
This machine comes with innovative and unique sewing technologies to help you create a variety of beautiful projects with ease.
This model of Elna eXperience is built to suit multiple purposes and applications. It’s equipped with more smart features to make sewing faster and effortless than the predecessor model.
It has direct-access function buttons which make it easy to operate and quite impressive. And the addition of stitch fonts makes customizing your projects possible
Its stitch and thread cutter memory functions make your craft process quicker and faster.
- 700 Built-in functional and decorative stitches.
- Automatic lock stitch.
- 7 Presser feet included.
- Extension table for large projects.
- Stitch memory and speed control slider function.
- Automatic thread cutter and built-in needle threader.
- LCD screen and LED lighting.
5. Bernina 335 Sewing Machine
Comes with many amazing features. Its pressure foot lifter ensures easy operation and also come with a needle threader.
This portable sewing machine has made the list because it’s full of the latest technology and of durable quality ensuring your creativity is unhindered. Its freehand system allows you to provide the needed guidance for your project.
Although it’s small enough to fit any size of work area you have, its performance is not deterred by its size. It’s powerful enough to stitch through your thickest and more resistant materials.
Finally, it’s very user-friendly, and just with a touch of a button you quickly access the function you desire. This is perfect for you if you want top-notch functionality and ample space for unlimited creativity.
- Comfortable and perfectly sized.
- A semi-automatic threader makes threading easier.
- 221 built-in stitches.
- Sews at a speed of 900 stitches per minute.
- Slide on the extension table for more workspace.
- The start/stop button allows you to stitch without the foot control.
- LCD screen and 8 LED lights.
- Slide speed control and memory feature.
6. Bernette B38 Sewing Machine
Its stitch settings include utility stitches, decorative stitches and quilting stitches. It can handle heavy duty sewing workload.
This computerized machine has made this list because it offers a wide range of functions at an affordable price. It comes with bright LED sewing lights to illuminate your workspace and a useful speed regulator which can be adjusted on the display.
In addition, it has a memory function through which you can store combinations of patterns for later use and has a thread cutter both manual and automatic to give smooth and near trimming.
For some lightweight and thin materials, it’s recommended to adjust presser foot pressure and this machine offers this practical feature.
- 394 built-in stitches.
- Adjustable presser foot pressure.
- Automatic thread cutter and tie-off function.
- Memory function for pattern combination.
- 8 presser feet included.
- Comes with a large extension table and hardcover.
- Stitching speed of 820 stitches per minute.
7. Janome Atelier 6 Sewing Machine
This is an extremely well-built quality sewing machine that comes with a lot of features and drop feed facility.
This is a sturdy and reliable machine that’s perfect for all your sewing ideas. It comes with a wide selection of features that will upgrade your sewing skill level.
Ranging from its 7-piece superior feed system for precise fabric feeding to its bright white LED lights for shadow-free sewing, this machine is designed to make your sewing process more enjoyable.
In addition, its added arm space makes it ideal for larger quilts and large sewing projects. And it’s fully computerized to make it easy to operate.
- 200 built-in stitches.
- Automatic thread cutter.
- Automatic lock stitch and lock key.
- The sewing speed is 1000 stitches per minute.
- Automatic needle threader.
- Adjustable speed for more intricate projects.
8. Bernette 05 Academy Sewing Machine
This sewing machine is perfect for all beginners, novices and experts. It makes quilting and other sewing projects easier.
This has made the list not only because of its high-quality extension table but because it’s also equipped with a fast motor and essential stitches to bring creative ideas to life.
With b05, there is a power switch with speed limitations so you can reduce the stitching speed to meet the project need.
It comes with unique included accessories such as the finger guard that keeps your finger clear from needle and seam guide right that helps you achieve straight edges and parallel seams.
- Super large slide-on table to make sewing and fabric gliding more comfortable.
- Perfectly even a fabric feeding system.
- Offers 30 exclusive built-in stitches.
- 12 presser foot soles and adjustable presser foot pressure.
- 2 LED sewing lights to illuminate the workspace.
- A retractable feed dog allows you to have evenly spaced stitches easily.
- Durable and powerful.
9. Elna eXcellence 580+ Sewing Machine
This machine is known for its high-quality and performance. It has good features and it can meet your sewing needs.
It’s designed to flawlessly support your craft and equipped with extensive functions to ensure simple operation and maximum sewing efficiency.
With 580+ you will discover and explore all your sewing talents effortlessly coupled with its robustness, outstanding efficiency is guaranteed at all times. It’s equipped with a large sewing space and a range of utility and decorative stitches including letters and numbers to expand your creative possibilities.
This is perfect for both advanced hobbyist sewists and beginners looking for comfort and perfect work quality.
- 120 built-in stitches.
- Built-in superior needle threader.
- Auto declutch and easy bobbin winder.
- Programmable and automatic thread cutter.
- Start/stop button feature.
- Extra-wide extension table.
- Semi hardcover and touch panel stylus.
10. Bernina 540 Sewing Machine
Comes with a lot of creative features such as automatic needle threader, top drop-in bobbin and it is easy to use.
This has made the list not only because of its grand sewing area which creates space for creative freedom to work on big projects but also because of its time-saving automatic features.
Additionally, it is equipped with features to make it sews faster, quieter, and longer. It also has multi-function knobs to help you adjust settings on time. With this, you can adjust pressure settings to suit the fabric type you’re working on.
- Adjustable foot pressure
- Automatic thread cutter.
- Semi-automatic needle threader.
- 1048 built-in stitches.
- Easy to navigate modern colourful touchscreen with on-screen support when needed.
- Adaptive thread tension for perfect stitch quality.
- The sewing speed of 1000 stitches per minute.
Handling large fabrics while working on projects with sewing machines that have a small working space can be tiresome and less efficient. And this is why sewing machines with extension tables should be your choice to make handling easier.
With the review above, we hope you’re able to make a worthy buying decision by selecting the one that’s best for you and suits your projects.