Are you a beginner sewer, or someone that’s always been interested in sewing?
Getting started with sewing either as a hobbyist or a beginner who wants to improve on their skill has become a lot easier with sewing kits. With these, you get the basic materials you need for sewing projects and emergency mending tasks.
Also, these all-in-one packs will enable you to create your first sewing project as a beginner with ease and also save you the time and money you will need to search for the best sewing equipment. They’re also known to be super handy and portable leaving your sewing room or sewing area very organized.
Review of The 9 Best Sewing Machine Kits For Beginners
There are sewing kits specifically designed for beginners widely available to suit your needs. The content of each sewing kit varies from the other.
But most of them contain essential sewing supplies such as thread, sewing needles, scissors, safety pins, tape and so much more to make sewing enjoyable and easier for you as a beginner.
To save you time, we have helped you to compile a list of the top-rated and easy to work with sewing kits in the market which include everything you need for your projects. Our picks below will help you make the best buying decision.
1. ARTIKA Sewing Kit
It has everything you need to get your projects done. It includes needle threader, seam ripper, sewing gauge and more.
This sewing kit is a bit more thorough and professional than some others. It comes in a trendy and durable strong zippered leather case and includes a range of premium sewing supplies.
Also, this premium kit includes high-quality sewing products including measuring tape, chalk pencils, safety pins, fasteners, and much more that make it easy for beginners to start new sewing projects. It will be greatly appreciated when given as a gift to sewists.
Lastly, this is perfect for you if you want to improve your sewing skill over time and love working in different kinds of colours.
- High-quality stainless steel sharp scissors.
- High-quality Goldeneye needles in assorted sizes.
- 3 wonder clips and 40 pearl sewing pins.
- 38 sewing threads in assorted colors.
- Organized in an open flat case so that all sewing accessories are visible.
- Durable sewing thimble and threader.
- Compact and lightweight, easy to carry everywhere.
- Highly durable and includes a travel carrying case which makes it great for travel.
2. Vellostar Premium Sewing Kit
It includes high-quality needles, threads and accessories that will help beginners get started on their sewing projects with ease.Â
This high-quality sewing kit prides itself on quality, efficiency, and practicality. With this portable sewing kit, taking care of clothing repairs or working on a new sewing project can be done in a flash.
You will love the fact that it was specially designed to be easy to use by beginners and that it includes all the sewing accessories you will need to create something new and exciting.
Vellostar is the right sewing kit to have at home and for on-the-go repairs and this fully complete sewing kit doesn’t cost a fortune.
- Super lightweight and ultra-compact.
- 24 assorted color durable sewing threads.
- 30 high-grade sewing needles with extra large eyes.
- Sewing needle threaders are included.
- Features scissors, measuring tapes, nail clippers, buttons, and all other sewing supplies in a zippered canvas case.
- Travel friendly and easy to carry.
3. SINGER Sewing Basket and Kit
It is a complete set of high-quality materials that are required for sewing. The kit includes straight and zigzag foot.Â
This basic sewing kit is a great choice for beginners to start their sewing journey. Not only does it come in a thoughtfully designed sturdy sewing basket but also with the supplies needed to get your project done.
Its sewing basket is multi-functional, it can also be used as a stylish supplies organizer for craft storage, costume jewelry, art supplies, and beauty products.
Finally, this is an excellent choice if you need a kit with a large amount of storage space and basic sewing supplies.
- Large classic sewing basket with magnetic safety closure.
- Spacious interior storage with a removable tray for better organization and customization.
- Collapsible handle for easy travel and storage.
- Includes a tape measure, needle threader, seam ripper, metal thimble, pincushion, and scissors.
- 10 mini assorted colors sewing threads.
- 100 dressmaker pins and 10 hand needles.
4. EverSewn Starter Kit
This kit includes all the basic tools needed to get started. It has a zipper foot and some other presser foot.
This is designed for ambitious beginners that would love to advance in their sewing skills in time. It’s a 14-piece fully completed set of sewing and craft supplies for completing small and big projects.
Though it’s a bit more expensive than the other basic kits, it comes with many popular additional high-quality tools that save you the money and time to be spent purchasing these supplies separately.
This kit is perfect to improve your skills with its quality tools and it’s cost-effective but note that thread and needle are not included.
- Scratch-resistant cutting mat and rotary cutter with ergonomic handle.
- Durable titanium black fabric scissors.
- Features a ruler, tape measure, seam ripper, safety pins, and magnetic pincushions.
- Comes with a water erasable pen and iron vanishing pen for marking fabrics.
- All sewing accessories are packed in one compact kit.
5. INSCRAFT XL Premium Sewing Kit
This kit comes with excellent tools and an adapter that allows you to use regular thread with most sewing machines.
This has made this list because it contains more accessories than other kits. Its supplies are more comprehensive thus making you get plenty of use.
You will love that it has multi-coloured thick and reliable threads that you can use to add embellishment to your projects and has all the tools you need to get started as a beginner.
It is worth noting that It’s slightly bigger than some kits but it’s well compacted and stores up the supplies.
- 41 high-quality XL spools of thick threads in beautiful, vibrant colours.
- All sewing accessories are enclosed in an easy-to-carry compact case.
- 2 needle threaders, safety pins, and a seam ripper.
- A stainless steel sturdy scissors and measuring tape.
- 6 big size and small size clips.
- Comes with a fabric pencil and stitch markers.
6. SINGER 01512 Beginner’s Sewing Kit
It includes all the essentials to start sewing and creating amazing quilting and sewing projects.
This perfect starter’s collection from Singer has everything you need to delve into your craft or mend clothes. With this, you can learn the basics and discover the fun of sewing.
Furthermore, it includes beginning essentials for a novice sewer to carry out small projects with endless creativity.
It also serves as a replenishment pack for experienced sewer kits. This is ideal for a novice sewer that would love to explore their creativity.
- Multiple colored polyester threads to work on multiple projects or add embellishment to a single project.
- Features fabric scissors, needle threader, seam ripper, dressmaker pins, and thimble to take your craft to the next level.
- 10 hand needles and a tomato pin cushion.
- Comes with fabric marking pencils and a tape measure for easy visibility when measuring fabrics and thread length.
7. LaBeila Professional Sewing Kit
This sewing kit includes a set of premium quality needles, scrapbook scissors, pearl thimble, a thread cutter and more.
This beautifully designed sewing kit has made the list not only because it’s very easy to use by beginners but also because it contains premium sewing supplies and accessories that make your craft experience smoother.
Another thing you will love about this is that it comes in a wooden box that’s better than a basket organizer and can be used to store any sewing tool. It can be used for sewing projects or mending emergencies.
- Highly organized, compact, and travel-friendly.
- All accessories are stored in a durable wooden box.
- Comes with a small and large pair of scissors.
- 24 polyester sewing thread spools.
- Features a metal thimble, seam ripper, and stitch markers.
- Includes many sewing needles, needle threaders, and safety pins.
8. Coquimbo Sewing Kit
This kit helps you to create your own designs. It comes with all the essential tools and it’s beginner friendly.
Coquimbo is perfect for beginners, travelers, and adults. With this mini sewing kit comes all the tools and materials required for sewing and hand mending.
Also, this convenient kit is well organized with needles in a separate closed box for safety and other items securely tucked in place with attractive black elastic bands.
- Easy to use and can be gifted to almost anyone.
- Smart, compact, and travel-friendly.
- Allows you to enjoy the fun of hand sewing.
- Stainless steel scissors.
- 12 color spools of thread.
- 16 needles in a needle holder and a needle threader.
- Also includes; measuring tape, seam ripper, buttons, and safety pins.
- All its contents are organized and neatly packaged in a quality bag.
9. MissLytton Sewing Kit Box
This is ideal for beginners who are looking to learn or perfect their sewing skills. This high quality kit is affordable.
This cool sewing starter kit is jam-packed with all the notions and tools to prepare for sewing emergencies and minor sewing projects.
Furthermore, this high-quality all-in-one sewing kit has all the necessary tools required for you to do basic home sewing as a beginner, and the supplies are made from top-rated materials and thus do not fail at performing their functions.
But note that it’s a bit expensive and by no means the only resource you will need for every sewing project as you advance.
- Nicely organized and convenient wooden sewing kit box.
- Compact kit and easy to access supplies.
- Best gift choice for beginners and sewing lovers.
- Assortment of high-quality sewing needles and durable needle threader.
- Very sharp pair of scissors.
- Sewing thread in 24 colors.
- Includes seam rippers, thimble, buttons, and measuring tape.
What Are The Components of a Sewing Machine Kit?
A sewing kit is a collection of items you should have in your home at all times if you plan to sew. The idea of having a sewing kit is to have all the supplies youâ€™ll need handy in one place. Having everything in one place will make your sewing much easier, and keep you from having to run to your sewing cabinet every time you need to sew something.
Thread is one of the most important components in a sewing kit. It is crucial for you to have some high-quality thread on hand in order to stitch anything. A lot of people donâ€™t realize that thread can be used for so many different purposes, aside from sewing.
Stitching beads or sequins onto fabric are just two examples of how the thread is used in todayâ€™s world. If you arenâ€™t sure what kind of thread to get, most craft stores will have a variety of threads that serve different purposes, including embroidery threads and monofilament threads.
II. Sewing Needles
Sewing needles are the main component of a sewing kit. They help you sew by forming a hole in materials and providing a stitch. Sewing needles come in different sizes, depending on what you need to sew.
The larger the size, the wider your stitches will be. In this article, weâ€™ll cover several types of sewing needles and the uses for each type.
A bobbin is a small, cylindrical piece of fabric on which you can wind your thread. It helps to reduce tangling in threads that are more than a few inches long.
This component is an important part of a sewing kit because it will help you prevent losing your valuable time trying to untangle your threads.
IV. Tape Measure
A tape measure is a must-have in your sewing kit. You should use the tape measure to measure your fabric, get an accurate length for whatever project youâ€™re working on, or use it just for fun. You can also use the tape measure as a tool to help you decide what size pattern to purchase.
The most important part of the tape measure is that it will allow you to figure out how long your fabric needs to be. Youâ€™ll have a better idea of what size and shape pattern you need based on the fabric measurements you get from using the tape measure.
Another thing that makes this tool so great is that it will give you a full measurement for both the width and height of whatever piece of fabric you are measuring. This means that if you want to make sure your new coat fits, all you have to do is take one measurement from the front shoulder seam and then another from the back waistline, and then compare them with each other to make sure they match up.
One of the most important items in a sewing kit is pins. Theyâ€™re used for holding pieces of fabric together while you sew them. You can use them for quick and easy fixes, or you can use them to hold pattern pieces together while you cut them out.
There are many different types of pins that you could choose from, depending on what kind of project you want to do. For example, if you wanted to make an outfit with a top that has two different shapes, then it would be helpful if you had a pack of basting pins on hand.
These are long pins that are great for holding pieces of fabric together while theyâ€™re being sewn together. If your sewing project only needed one or two types of pins, then standard pins would be enough because theyâ€™re not as bulky as the basting pins.
Sewing is quite enjoyable and allows one to be creative. It can also be done to while away your leisure time productively. And to prevent brain-racking and time taking decisions making on what and what not to be among your sewing supplies, sewing kits are designed.
We hope that with the review above, you’re able to make the best buying decision to get started with sewing projects instantly and yet still get quality results.