Whether you’re a sewing hobbyist going in an RV or you just need something to mend and repair fabrics while in an RV, you don’t need to stress about getting any of the state-of-the-art sewing machines available. For your RV use, there are very portable mini sewing machines for you.
And the fact that they are small in size and lightweight doesn’t mean they can’t do the basic everyday sewing techniques because most of them have many impressive features and can do many things the larger sewing machine can though they might not be as durable and strong as the larger ones. Another thing you will love about them is that they’re inexpensive compared to the larger sewing machine.
Also, they require a little amount of space making them perfect for use in the RV, where you don’t even have your sewing desk and also they consume less power.
Review of The 6 Best Sewing Machines For RV Use
Portable and mini sewing machines can be small in size but I assure you that they’re very big in terms of performance and features and also user-friendly. And with a large number of portable and mini sewing machines available on the market, we’ve helped you review the best sewing machines for your RV use.
While compiling this list, we considered a lot of factors such as portability, weight stitch options, size, bobbin system, automatic needle threader, and quality, all to make sure you get the best sewing machine to use in your RV. If you’re looking to get a sewing machine for your RV use, here are the best picks to choose from.
1. Singer START 1304 Mini Sewing Machine
It has a reverse lever that’s used to secure seams and prevent unravelling.
This sewing machine is from the popular Singer brand that’s known for creating top-notch sewing machines. 1304 is really of top-notch quality with its heavy-duty metal frame providing long-lasting durability and skip-free sewing.
Also, it’s of small weight and occupies just a little space making it perfect for RV use. Though its stitches are just 6 in number, all with pre-set stitch width and stitch length, they’re the essential stitches required in your everyday sewing and with the easily accessible stitch dial, you can select stitches quickly and easily and start sewing. It has a reverse lever that’s used to secure seams and prevent unravelling.
Lastly, it allows you to add buttonholes to your clothing in four easy steps and slide off the removable extension table to reveal the free arm for working on smaller projects like sleeves. This sewing machine is perfect for RV use by both beginners and experienced sewers and comes with accessories to allow you to explore your creativity limitlessly even in the corners of your RV.
- Lightweight and portable.
- 6 built-in stitches including a four-step buttonhole and 57 stitch applications.
- Automatic bobbin winding system.
- 3 presser feet included enhancing the machine’s capabilities.
- Stainless steel bedplate for seamless sewing.
- Heavy-duty metal frame for durability.
- Very easy stitch selection.
- The reverse lever to sew in reverse and reinforce stitches.
- Quick and easy threading with easy-to-understand threading guides.
- Illuminated sewing area.
- Removable extension table.
- Adjustable tension settings.
- Extra high-pressure foot lift.
2. EverSewn Maker 200 Sewing Machine
It can work perfectly on heavy-duty sewing projects because of its robust engineering.
This sewing machine is heavier than the rest of the sewing machines on this list but it’s portable enough for RV use. It’s a professional-level mechanical sewing machine created by EverSewn, a sister company to the popular Bernina brand. With a wide array of high-quality stitches and additional feet, handling a variety of sewing projects has never been easier.
In addition, this modern heavy-duty sewing machine is designed to ensure ergonomic sewing and ease of use to explore your creativity without frustration. You will also love its attractiveness and robust features for creating stunning designs on fabrics in your RV.
Finally, whether you’re a beginner or expert sewer, this top standard sewing machine, the Maker 200 is fully packed with features and accessories for your on-the-road use. And it can work perfectly on heavy-duty sewing projects because of its robust engineering.
- 23 built-in stitches including decorative and utility stitches.
- One-step buttonhole feature to sew beautiful buttonholes on any fabric.
- The free arm feature allows you to sew pants, sleeves, and any other narrow bands.
- Strong metal frame to ensure longevity and excellent sewing performance.
- Includes 4 presser feet for quilting, zipper, and garment making.
- Automatic needle threader.
- Strong metal bobbin casing and hook system.
- Adjustable stitch length and width.
- Adjustable thread tension.
- The sewing speed of 750 stitches per minute.
3. Magicfly Mini Sewing Machine
It’s being threaded from the manufacturer to save you time and stress and with threading direction on the machine.
Magicfly prides itself on creating quality and affordable sewing products for all users. Its mini sewing machine is absolutely one-of-a-kind. Not only does it have a removable extension table to work on large projects but also has a sewing light to work on darker fabrics and under dim lighting conditions. It comes with an extra sewing kit.
Another thing you will love about this sewing machine is its dual power operation you can either work cord or cordless with batteries. Also, it’s being threaded from the manufacturer to save you time and stress and with threading direction on the machine.
Lastly, its double thread design makes stitches stronger and ends sewing without tying the thread. And it offers video tutorials and instruction manuals to improve your skills. It’s the right choice if you want a small sewing machine with essential sewing features but notes that it doesn’t sew through thicker materials due to instability caused by its light size.
- 12 built-in stitches including a buttonhole and reverse sewing.
- East to turn on with the button or the included foot pedal.
- Built-in sewing light.
- A safety needle guard protects your finger from the needle stick.
- 3 replaceable feet included.
- Automatic thread cutter.
- Fully packed sewing accessory kit.
- Extension table to provide more stability and accommodate large sewing projects.
- Support AC/DC power supply or battery power supply.
- Anti-slip rubber pad for additional stability.
- Adjustable 2-speed options.
- Dustproof portable bag for easy carry.
- Lightweight and handy.
4. Brother CS5055PRW Sewing Machine
It comes with a stitch chart printed on the front of the machine to view all the stitches available at a glance.
This Brother’s portable sewing machine model is a lightweight computerized sewing machine with all the full features you need for garment making and quick mending projects in the RV. Printed on it is an easy-to-understand threading diagram you can follow for quick and fast threading.
Also, it comes with a stitch chart printed on the front of the machine to view all the stitches available at a glance. With this easy-to-learn and use Project Runway limited edition machine, you have the complete designer sewing and finishing solutions at your fingertip to create the final masterpiece without breaking the bank.
Lastly, you get to experience effortless and enjoyable sewing experiences and professional results with this machine. If you’re looking for a reliable sewing machine with outstanding features and accessories to make perfectly even and precise stitches, this is your perfect choice.
- 50 unique built-in stitches and 87 stitch functions.
- 5 different styles of auto-size buttonholes.
- Automatic needle threader.
- Jam resistant drop-in top bobbin system.
- 7 sewing feet included.
- Backlit LCD screen to easily view stitches with intuitive stitch selection buttons.
- The sewing speed of 850 stitches per minute.
- Easy bobbin winding system.
- Superb fabric feeding system.
- Drop feed feature for free-motion sewing and quilting.
- LED light illuminated the work area.
- Instruction manual included.
- Highly versatile and sturdy.
5. Janome Sew Mini Sewing Machine
With videos offering technical and sewing support, it can be used by sewers with any level of skill.
This Janome mini sewing machine has many of the same features as the larger sewing machines but just on a smaller scale, it’s a perfect extra machine for an experienced sewer or an excellent starter machine for the new hobbyist for RV use. It comes in multiple colours and works on a variety of sewing projects.
Furthermore, it’s a high-quality sewing machine that has impressive features and is very affordable. It’s perfect for quick repair projects, quilting, scrapbooking, and costumes. With videos offering technical and sewing support, it can be used by sewers with any level of skill.
Lastly, it sews perfectly even stitches and is very easy to use. This makes sewing more enjoyable and it is your best pick if you want a sturdy and lightweight sewing machine that makes decent stitches for your RV use. But note that it’s not designed for heavy-duty projects.
- 2 basic sewing stitches for your everyday sewing projects.
- Available in 3 great new colors; merlot, honeycomb, and beachcomber.
- 4-piece feed dog for perfectly even fabric feeding.
- Extra high-pressure foot lift
- Push-pull bobbin winding system.
- Top loading drop-in bobbin system.
- Adjustable stitch length and width offer versatility.
- Easy stitch selection dial.
- Manual thread tension control.
- Highly compact and extremely lightweight.
6. Michley LSS-202 Sew Mini Sewing Machine
It’s very easy to use and affordable. It’s an ideal choice for experienced and beginners who want a compact sewing machine.
This mini sewing machine has made this list not only because it’s lightweight enough for RV use and affordable but also because it can either use a power adapter or batteries for convenience in the RV. Its top drop-in bobbin ensures easy threading.
Additionally, this 2-speed sewing machine offers double thread and excellent stitch control so you can work on a variety of materials ranging from silk to denim effortlessly. You can either use the hand switch or foot pedal to start sewing. It comes with bobbins, a foot pedal, a needle, and a threader and also comes with the other necessary essential features and basic stitches to get started on a variety of sewing projects and mending.
Lastly, it’s very easy to use and affordable. It’s an ideal choice for experienced and beginners who want a compact sewing machine.
- Automatic bobbin winding system.
- Top loading drop-in bobbin system.
- Compact, portable, and convenient.
- Offers one basic stitch.
- A foot pedal or hand switch can be used to start working.
Whether you’re looking to start some basic sewing projects or quick mending projects in your RV, there are small, reliable, easy-to-use, and affordable sewing machines out there that best suit your sewing needs. And to guide you in making the right choice we’ve compiled this list.
With the review above, we hope you select the sewing machine that’s best for you and make the perfect buying decision to keep enjoying your hobby whilst RVing.