Sewing is a craft that requires precision to detail thus good lighting is very essential for perfect project results. Poor lighting can cause eye strain due to long periods spent on focusing. And this is why sewing machine lamps are designed.
They are perfect for use when working at night, or in an area of the room where natural light does not fully reach. They could be in the form of fluorescent light, incandescent light, or LED lights.
The perfect sewing machine lamps are the ones that offer proper lighting with desirable features and at an affordable price.
Review of The 7 Best Sewing Machine Lamps
The importance of proper lighting in a sewing task can’t be belittled and out of the several sewing lamps available on the market, picking the best one that suits your sewing needs might be a bit challenging.
To help you with this we’ve reviewed the best sewing machine lamps.
While compiling this list we considered a lot of different factors such as size, installing process, accessibility, affordability, wattage, and other specifications. Whether you’re just mending, quilting, or making dresses you will need a brightly lit sewing area, and here are the best sewing lamps for you.
Let’s get started!
1. Brightech Lightview Pro Flex Magnifying Lamp
Offers bright illumination with a 20x magnifier that allows you to work comfortably at your sewing table for hours on end.
This interchangeable table and clamp lamp has made this list not only because of its ultra magnification capabilities that provide a visual aid to reduce fatigue when sewing projects that require high precision to detail. But also because its lens is made from real diopter glass that’s scratch resistant and won’t fog up.
In addition, its flexible and adjustable gooseneck, allows you to point it to wherever you desire and leave your hands free to work on your sewing projects. It comes with a sturdy base that provides stability to enjoy comfort with close work.
Finally, it comes with 6 Watts and 570 Lumen built-in LED lights that can last for about 20,000 hours if used for 3 hours per day. This is perfect for you if you want a bright, attractive, and versatile sewing lamp but note that it’s a bit pricey.
- Lightweight and easy to assemble.
- Portable with a highly adjustable gooseneck.
- 5ft long power cord.
- Built-in power-saving LED fixture.
- 6000K daylight color cool white light.
- 20 years of brightness.
- 1.75x Magnifying glass with light for up-close focus work.
- Original diopter glass for maximum durability.
- The On/Off switch is conveniently located at the top of the gooseneck.
2. Addlon LED Floor Lamp
Its lightweight, flexible neck provides exceptional control to create custom light where you need it.
This LED floor lamp includes a high-performance 14 Watt power-saving LED light that can be used for more than 20 years with no need to worry about bulb replacement. It offers brighter lighting than traditional lamps and reduces your electricity bills.
Also, this 6000K super bright light is soft on the eyes, protecting the eyes whilst illuminating your sewing corner for comfort while sewing. It can also be used for reading, woodworking, and arts. Its highly stable base provides a safe and reliable environment for your family when used in the bedroom or office.
Lastly, this is your best pick if you want a multipurpose sewing lamp, that’s super bright to use for your intricate sewing projects and easy to put together.
- 3 color temperatures- daylight, cool white, and warm white.
- 4 brightness levels to meet different needs.
- Super bright and soft light to illuminate your workspace.
- Touch control to select color temperature and brightness easily.
- 360-degree adjustable and flexible gooseneck.
- 5ft long power cord.
- Advanced LED bulbs do not overheat or burn after long hours of use.
- Life expectancy is up to 30,000 hours.
- User friendly, versatile, and easy to assemble.
- Well, a balanced sturdy base for safe use.
3. Brightech Litespan Bright LED Floor Lamp
Its design features a great combination of features that makes it ideal for any type of sewing or craft work
This simple style lamp with gooseneck comes with energy-saving LED lights that save up to 80% of your electrical bills compared to incandescent lamps and last for 20,000+ hours. It’s designed with a weighted and highly stable base to prevent it from being knocked over.
You will also love that the LEDs remain cool to touch even after long hours of use to prevent overheating and accidental burns. Its flexible and durable neck can be bent to different angles for proper viewing when sewing.
- Available in five different colors to add a nice touch to your sewing space.
- Highly adjustable and easy to assemble.
- Dimmable settings to brighten or dim the light level with a specific task or condition.
- 6000K natural daylight spectrum white light with an output of 2000 Lumens.
- 12 Watt power-saving LED lights with a 20 years life expectancy.
- The smart technology remembers your last dimmable setting for the next use.
- Flexible gooseneck allows you to direct light as desired.
- The On/Off switch is located at the top of the gooseneck and stays lit with a soft glow in the dark.
- Easy to operate and portable.
4. Bendable Bright Lights Kit
This is a flexible lamp that can last for hours. It also features adjustable brightness and flexible positioning.
This energy-saving light kit offers 90 lumens of brightness to illuminate your sewing area and a long power cord so you can plug it and use it wherever you want. It’s user-friendly and easy to assemble.
Additionally, This LED bulb is built to last for a long time and you won’t have to worry about replacing the bulb. It’s ideal for sewing, reading, woodwork, and any other crafts and hobby.
- Bright and flexible.
- Long 8ft power cord.
- LED bulbs last for about 100,000 hours.
- Mounting adhesive and white plastic cord clips for installation.
- Can be used on multiple sewing machines.
5. EVISWIY Sewing Machine Light
This well designed lamp is one of the ultimate sewing machine light. It gives you flexibility with it positioning.Â
With this EVISWIY sewing light, you will love that it saves 90% energy in comparison to traditional light and there’s no need to worry about falling or sagging with its magnetic base. It’s a small LED light yet very practical and multi-functional and comes with an easy toggle switch.
Furthermore, to protect your eyes from damage, there’s no radiation or even dazzle. And for comfort and convenience while sewing it can be adjusted to any angle to suit your need.
This is perfect if you want to save energy and money. Though it has a magnetic base and can’t be used on non-metallic sewing machines, it does not shock nor vibrates while sewing.
- Equipped with 30 pieces of LED for bright light and protected vision.
- Energy-efficient and durable.
- Strong magnetic base to attach to any metal surface.
- 5000K daylight bright white light.
- Easy to install and convenient to use.
- Long flexible gooseneck that can rotate 360 degrees.
- Light and portable.
- Life expectancy is up to 50,000 hours.
6. HengBo LED Sewing Machine Light
This professional grade sewing lamp is one of the best lighting solution for quilters, hobbyists and crafters.Â
HengBo LED brand specializes in various good quality LEDs lights. This affordable sewing light strip is USB powered with a 6.6ft long cord. It’s a LED light strip that can be cut along cut marks to get the length you desire and just tape it along with your sewing machine in a manner that will offer you a proper viewing of your sewing area.
With a short touch of the switch, you can turn it on/off, and to adjust brightness you can press it for 2-3 seconds. It also has a memory feature that allows it to stay on the brightness the last time you switch it off.
- 18 pieces of super bright LEDs in an 11.8-inch light strip.
- Provide extra lighting when sewing.
- Touch the dimmer to adjust brightness.
- 6500K cold white light to illuminate your sewing space.
- Soft, cuttable, and bendable.
- Durable and easy installation with strong adhesive tape.
- Adhesive clips to fix cord and dimmer switch.
7. Trond LED Desk Lamp
It provides a bright, clear light and can be easily adjusted into any position needed by the user.
This is a quality clamp lamp that produces less heat to avoid burn accidents and doesn’t contain mercury or other environmentally harmful substances. With one touchable button, you can switch on/off the lamp and adjust its brightness.
Additionally, its surface lighting source and innovative light guide panel help to create flicker-less lighting without ghosting and are easy on the eyes of both young and old sewers. With a color temperature between 5800K and 6000K, its luminosity is not too bright for the eyes.
- Non-glaring and eye-protecting bright light.
- Extra-long flexible gooseneck made from an aluminum alloy and covered with a special coating.
- 3-level dimmer settings with integrated memory.
- 6ft long power cord.
- Provides proper sewing lighting to maximize your productivity.
- Sturdy metal clamp with protection pads to prevent scratches on the sewing table.
- Consumes 70% to 80% less power than other traditional lamps.
- Touch-sensitive button.
- Adjustable and highly versatile.
After realizing the importance of working under properly lit conditions for good and accurate sewing results, you just need to know what size you have to accommodate the sewing lamp, your budget, and your personal preferences.
With the review above, you should be able to choose the best sewing lamps that suit your needs perfectly.