Sewing is an enjoyable task and can be very productive and satisfying when you look at the final result of your hard work. Sewing machines make this task faster and easier and they’re engineered to work on a variety of fabrics of varying thicknesses.
For tailoring, all you need is a flexible and highly durable sewing machine with different types of stitch patterns and a bulk of other essential sewing features to work on all types of fabrics and make exquisite final pieces.
To work on tailoring fabrics, you need a top-quality and high-speed performance sewing machine with advanced features like powerful motors, automatic adjustment, high sewing speed, free arm, and many others just to make cloth sewing easier and faster.
Review of The 5 Best Sewing Machine For Tailor Shop
Out of all the several sewing machines available in the market ranging from the basic ones to the more advanced types, we’ve helped you to compile the list of the best ones for your tailor shop.
While compiling this list we considered factors such as durability, versatility, precision, performance and efficiency and so much more to make tailoring efficient and seamless.
1. Bernette B38 Sewing Machine
This high quality machine is designed to meet your needs and provide you with a great experience while using it.
This computerized machine has made this list because it offers a wide range of functions at an affordable price. It has a memory function through which you can store combinations of patterns for later use and has a thread cutter both manual and automatic to give smooth and near trimming.
In addition, It comes with bright LED sewing lights to illuminate your workspace so you can work with it in dim light conditions and a useful speed controller which can be adjusted on the display.
For some thin and lightweight materials, it’s recommended to adjust presser foot pressure and this machine offers this practical feature.
- The sewing speed of 820 stitches per minute
- Foot controller.
- 394 built-in stitches.
- Memory function for pattern combination
- Adjustable presser foot pressure.
- 8 presser feet included.
- Automatic thread cutter and tie-off function.
- Twin needle capability.
- Comes with a large extension table and hardcover.
2. SINGER 4432 Sewing Machine
This is a very high performing sewing machine that creates wonders with its impeccable sewing capabilities. Very easy to use.
This heavy-duty sewing machine is a powerful workhorse with a 60% stronger motor than standard machines which makes it easy to stitch through a variety of fabrics effortlessly including denim and leather. With this, you will not only love that it comes with a sturdy interior metal frame that provides rigid support for skip-free stitching.
You will also love that it comes with a large workspace for your sewing projects and a stainless steel bedplate which enables smooth fabric flow. In addition to this, it comes with an adjustable presser foot pressure to work through a range of different material weights and a reverse stitch feature that gives your project a long-lasting and smoother finish.
Finally, it’s ideal not only for tailoring projects but also for home dÃ¨cor, and quilting and it’s your best choice if you want your project to be unique and get professional results in no time.
- The heavy-duty metal frame provides stability and long-lasting durability.
- A built-in reverse lever so you can sew in reverse to reinforce your stitches.
- 110 stitch applications for basic and decorative sewing to make modern garments.
- Convenient one-step buttonhole stitching feature.
- 4 Presser feet are included for enhanced capability.
- A soft-sided dust cover to protect it when not in use.
- 1,100 stitching speed per minute.
- Cost-effective and extremely versatile.
- Automatic needle threader and easy to load bobbin system
3. Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine
It is designed to be functional and efficient so you will never have to worry about missing out on anything.Â
This portable machine is very easy to use and comes with unique stitches including decorative and utility stitches and 7 styles of auto-size buttonholes just to make your clothes exquisite. It features a start/stop button, needle up and down, and reverse stitch all for you to carry out your projects perfectly and conveniently.
Furthermore, this full-featured sewing machine had a brightly lit work area to make working at odd times easier and you can choose your desired stitches and settings with buttons and view your selection on the display screen. It offers a wide range of sewing features that guarantee you a perfect finish at an affordable price.
Lastly, It can be used by both beginners to quickly learn the process of fabric making and advanced sewers that enjoy using a versatile machine.
- 60 built-in stitches and 9 sewing feet included.
- Jam resistant drop-in top bobbin system.
- Automatic needle threader with easy-to-follow threading diagrams.
- Wide table to easily manoeuvre larger projects.
- Twin needle capability.
- LCD screen to view selected stitches.
- Convenient stitch chart and easy stitch selector.
- Adjustable sewing speed control system.
- Built-in free arms assist in sewing pant legs and sleeves.
- Protective hard machine case to protect the sewing machine when not in use.
- Quick start guide and complete instructions manual included.
4. Janome MOD-50 Sewing Machine
It has an incredible stitching speed and comes with many advanced features. It is also very an easy to use.
This Janome computerized sewing machine has made this list because of its high-quality performance and incredible features. It’s equipped with a special metal needle plate to ensure smooth fabric feeding and precise seam allowances.
Another thing you will love about this sewing machine is that stitch length and the needle position can be adjusted for precise topstitching and zipper insertion. It also comes with easy convenience buttons such as the lock stitch button, reverse stitches button to reinforce stitches, and others to make sewing clothes quicker and easier.
You can follow the diagrams printed on the machine to easily thread the machine and it also comes with a hardcover to keep the sewing machine protected and free from dust while in storage.
Lastly, it’s the perfect tool for you to utilize your creative abilities and make the best fashion garments and styles.
- 50 built-in stitches including alphabets and numbers for customization.
- Easy threading with a one-hand needle threader.
- 12 automatic buttonhole styles for garment finishes.
- 3 one-step buttonhole
- 6 snap-on presser feet included.
- Top loading bobbin with clear cover.
- Automatic stitch length and width.
- 7 piece feed dog system.
- Adjustable thread tension control.
- Large backlit LCD with easy navigation keys.
- A removable free arm is great for sewing small openings.
- Adjustable needle position.
5. Singer 8280 Sewing Machine
This sewing machine allows you to sew, repair and alter clothes with little effort making it ideal for tailors shop.
This machine has made this list not only because of its heavy-duty metal frame which provides long-lasting durability but also because it contains a variety of stitch functions and patterns to nurture creativity in you.
Furthermore, there is accessory storage space in the extension table to securely hold sewing essentials and machine accessories. It’s lightweight and affordable yet carries out a variety of sewing projects.
It’s versatile and can be used for mending, hemming, button fixing, monogramming, applique, and so many other sewing projects. Note that it can’t work on very heavy fabrics such as denim.
- 800 stitches per minute speed.
- Automatic thread cutter.
- 24 built-in stitch functions.
- 7 built-in stitch patterns.
- 4- step buttonhole.
- Large extension table to accommodate bulky projects.
- Free arm for circular stitching.
- Variable stitch length.
- Thread tension adjustment.
- Stay bright LED lights to keep sewing without hindrance even on late nights.
The machines listed above have a variety of features that will give you control over your tailoring projects from start to finish. There’s always room for improvement of skill, and these machines are perfect for your advancement. They will help you create interesting patterns and designs.
With the review above, you should be able to select the one perfect for your projects and make your sewing experience more creative and enjoyable.