Grandmas love sewing because apart from it being a way to while away their leisure time productively, research shows that sewing keeps their brain active and concentrated. To make sewing more enjoyable and relaxing for them, you need to get them the best sewing machine that’s perfect for them.
As elderly people are not technologically inclined, the kind of sewing machines to be used by grandmas should not be complex or too advanced with complicated features. It must-have essential features like LED light illuminated workspace and automatic needle threader to prevent straining of their already weak eyes amongst many others.
Review of The 6 Best Sewing Machines For Grandma
After thorough research, we’ve compiled this list of the best sewing machines for grandma. With different models of sewing machines in the market today,
We also didn’t leave out factors like sturdiness, stability, durability, precision, performance, and power. If you’re looking for the best sewing machines for grandma, here are the best ones available.
Let’s get started.
1. Janome Jem Gold Sewing Machine
It’s a high quality machine. Its extra-high presser foot lifter provides additional clearance when you’re quilting or creating larger garments.
Janome is a popular high-quality sewing machine brand and this stunning model didn’t disappoint in terms of quality and performance. This machine has made this list not only because of its lightweight design but also because of its automatic needle threader and automatic thread cutter, all to make sewing more convenient for grandmas.
In addition with the stitch panel showing all the stitches at a glance on the front of the machine and a reverse lever to reinforce stitches, it’s very easy to use by those who are well experienced and those who aren’t.
This machine has a measurement marking on the needle plate and can automatically handle stitch length and width. And the bobbin cover is transparent so that one can see when the thread is running out.
- Extremely compact and lightweight.
- 8 built-in unique stitches including stretch and utility stitches.
- Built-in automatic needle threader to thread needle with ease and without eye strain.
- Snap-on presser feet.
- Convenient stitch selection dial.
- 4-step buttonhole feature.
- The storage compartment for accessories is located in the free arm.
- Jam-proof drop-in bobbin system.
- Automatic thread cutter for trimming.
- A free arm for sewing arms, cuffs, and collars.
2. Singer Fashion Mate 3333 Sewing Machine
This is a full sized machine that offers compatibility with all types of fabrics, yet it’s easy to use and lightweight.
With this sleek, modern design sewing machine with advanced features, sewing has never been made easier. It features a variety of stitches that are displayed on the stitch selector dial that one can just turn to select stitches and make beautiful pieces.
It comes with the SINGER App, a variety of helpful video tutorials, and Owner’s class videos to put grandma’s mind at ease and provide assistance when required. It’s very easy to operate and constructed with a heavy-duty metal frame to ensure long-lasting durability and vibration-free sewing.
Finally, this popular choice is your best pick if you want a highly durable sewing machine with excellent performance and features for your grandma to carry out her sewing projects seamlessly and efficiently.
- 23 built-in stitch patterns.
- 4-step buttonhole feature to give professional-looking results every time.
- Top drop-in bobbin system.
- LED light illuminated the sewing area so one can see clearly.
- Easily adjust the stitch length.
- Heavy-duty metal frame to provide stability for skip-free sewing.
3. Brother Laura Ashley CX155LA Sewing Machine
This machine is easy to use, has a wide range of functions and offers great quality at an affordable price.
This limited edition computerized sewing machine has made this list because with it not only can leg cramps be prevented in old people by using the start and stop buttons instead of the foot controller but also because it’s highly durable, flexible, and dependable.
Also, with 100 built-in stitches including 8 one-step auto-size buttonhole styles to fit specific buttons for a true designer finish plus 55 alphanumeric stitches for basic monogramming and embellishment, your grandma can fully explore her creativity and accomplish her dream designs and projects.
Laura Ashley allows one to create custom designs easily with its 11 sewing and quilting feet and a larger workspace to accommodate large projects. It’s perfect if you want an affordable, high-quality sewing machine for your grandma to create unique projects with professional results.
- Advanced easy needle threading system.
- 100 built-in stitches.
- Jam resistant quick-set drop-in top bobbin system.
- Backlit LCD screen display.
- Easy stitch selection and adjustment.
- Brightly lit sewing area which is useful when working on darker fabrics.
- Variable speed control and start/stop button.
- 33% larger workspace and an extra-wide table for bulky projects.
- The sewing speed of 850 stitches per minute.
- Comes with an extra-wide table and 11 sewing and quilting feet.
- 7-point feed dog for smooth fabric feeding.
4. Janome Magnolia 7325 Sewing Machine
This is a good quality basic sewing machine with a very low price tag. It has all the important features.
This is a strong, reliable sewing machine that brings comfort along with easy sewing for grandmas. It comes with an automatic needle threader to prevent eye strain and a speed control slider to regulate the pace at which the machine speeds.
It’s compact and lightweight, all to put older sewers at ease even when transporting. In addition, it comes with an exclusive bundle pack to easily set up the sewing machine and start sewing instantly.
Lastly, this is your perfect fit if you’re looking for an affordable sewing machine that allows older people to work with ease and comfort.
- 25 built-in stitches.
- Automatic one-step buttonhole.
- Automatic thread tension control.
- Built-in one-hand needle threader.
- Speed control slider.
- The maximum sewing speed of 800 stitches per minute.
- Convenient stitch selection dials.
- Hardcover for protection when not in use.
- Storage compartment underneath the machine.
- Free arm to sew cuffs and sleeves.
5. Singer 7258 Sewing Machine
It’s one of the fastest sewing machine in the most compact size. It handles all your sewing needs with ease.
The Singer 7258 model is one of the top-rated sewing machines for grandma. Its heavy-duty metal frame gives it long-lasting durability.
Not only is it reasonably priced but also equipped with important features for pleasurable sewing. This computerized sewing machine offers impressive value and it’s packed with tons of free accessories to make sewing easier for grandmas.
Also, selected stitches can be viewed including their width and length which can be adjusted to suit one’s desire on the large, clear screen. It can be used on a variety of projects ranging from basic to advanced projects.
- Sturdy and durable.
- 100 built-in stitches making fashion and decorative sewing easier.
- Large LCD screen.
- Automatic bobbin winding clutch.
- Automatic optimal stitch settings.
- Speed control to regulate speed.
- Automatic needle threader to prevent eyestrain.
- Push-button stitch selections.
- 6 fully automatic one-step buttonholes.
- Clear bright LED light keeps the workspace illuminated when sewing.
- Automatic presser foot pressure control.
- Comes with an instruction manual.
6. Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine
It makes working with multiple layers of fabrics a breeze. It comes with multiple features and very easy to use.
This sewing machine has made this list because it offers a wide range of sewing features that guarantee an exquisite finish with the combination of your grandma’s sewing experience. It comes with a well-lit workspace to make working at night easier and with a display screen to view one’s desired stitches and settings after selection with buttons.
Additionally, this portable machine is very easy to use and comes with unique stitches including decorative and utility stitches, and 7 styles of auto-size buttonholes just to make the clothes exquisite. It is perfect for use for both sewing and quilting projects.
- 60 built-in stitches and 9 sewing feet included.
- Jam resistant drop-in top bobbin system.
- LCD screen to view selected stitches.
- Automatic needle threader with easy-to-follow threading diagrams.
- Wide table to easily manoeuvre larger projects.
- Adjustable sewing speed.
- Convenient stitch chart and easy stitch selector.
- Protective hard machine case to protect the sewing machine when not in use.
Age doesn’t have to limit your creativity. The sewing machines above are easy to handle and will allow grandmas to explore their creativity and continue with their passion for sewing without any hindrance.
Also, be sure to consider their level of skill and personal preference before purchasing any of them for your grandma.
We hope with the review above you’re able to select the best sewing machine that’s perfect for your grandma’s sewing project.