Ironing is as essential as the stitching process in sewing and quilting projects and that’s why every quilter needs an efficient and reliable iron. In a world where there are different brands of irons with features, benefits, and even problems of one differ from the other, picking the perfect iron for your project might be quite overwhelming.
To make selecting the ideal iron easier for you, we found the Rowenta Iron brand. It’s one of the most popular and iconic brands and the best option out of all to spend your hard-earned money on because the Rowenta irons soleplates are made from the highest quality stainless steel which makes them better than numerous brands.
The Review of the 7 Best Rowenta Iron For Quilting and Sewing
A great iron like the ones from the Rowenta brand can improve your ability to make accurate and precise stitches. However, some Rowenta irons are better than the others which is why we’ve compiled a list of the seven best.
We’ve carried out our research and reviewed the best of this brand after considering factors like settings and control, tank capacity, weight, sole plate quality, and many other features to help in decision-making.
The irons on this list are top-rated for quilting and sewing thus preventing unnecessary hassle.
So, if you’re looking for Rowenta irons to choose from for your creative project need, here are the ones to choose from.
Let’s get started!
1. Rowenta DG8520 Perfect Steam Iron
Ideal for sewing and quilting. The steam feature makes this iron perfect for pressing and removing wrinkles from clothing and fabrics.
This model of the Rowenta Iron is perfect for your fabrics project not only because it is in Eco mode and can heat up in two minutes thus saving energy but also because its soleplates are designed for gliding on fabrics with ease.
It steams up to three times more than the traditional iron due to steam pressure from the built-in boiler system, this steam helps to penetrate fabrics easily and remove wrinkles this saves your time when you’re working on a time-consuming project.
Also, its durability and ability are incomparably resulting in less fatigue during long ironing sessions. Lastly, it’s by far the favorite iron for working on quilting and sewing projects though expensive but worth it.
- Excellent five bars of pressure for smoothing and shaping sewing projects.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Constant high-powered steam to make ironing faster and effortless.
- Extra-large and visible 47 Oz water tank allowing for about 90 minutes of continuous ironing.
- The water tank is removable which allows for easy and fast refilling and is optimized to use regular tap water.
- 1800 Watt of power for fast heat up.
- Eco settings save 20% of energy and save money on energy costs.
- Micro steam stainless steel soleplate 400 active steam holes.
- Perfect steam control panel.
2. Rowenta DW5080 Focus Iron
This Rowenta iron has excellent features and advanced technology to make your work easier, faster and better.
This is an affordable, sleek, and high-quality iron ideal for ironing different types of fabrics. It’s one of the best-rated micro steam iron in the market with impressive steam capabilities and spectacular features ensuring a long-lasting and durable iron.
Its water tank holds enough water to continuously iron a variety of fabrics and it’s also simple to fill and comes with an anti-drip system that prevents the leaking of water.
Furthermore, its smart safety system prevents burning of clothes and fire accidents by automatically shutting off after 8 minutes if left unused in the upright position and after 30 seconds if left in the horizontal position or tipped over.
Also, its anti-calcium system prevents impurities through its self-cleaning system that pushes out all deposits in the holes to ensure optimal performance.
Lastly, this high-end steam iron is perfect for use by quilters and seamstresses to get rid of any imperfections or wrinkles on fabrics.
- Solid, lightweight, and durable.
- Micro steam stainless-steel soleplate for perfect liability.
- Over 400 active steam holes for exceptional steam distribution and quick wrinkle removal.
- Uses less energy compared to other irons.
- 1700 watts of power.
- Thermostat knob to easily control stream output.
- Automatic 3-way shut-off system to avoid accidents.
- Auto-cleaning and anti-calcium system for tap water use.
- Perfectly angled precision tip to navigate hard-to-reach areas.
- Large 10 Oz easily refills the water tank with an anti-drip lid.
- Easy to use and saves time.
3. Rowenta DW6080 Steam Iron
It has a very large water reservoir and it heats up quickly. The anti-drip system allows you to use the iron without worrying about water dripping or spilling.
This is an Eco-intelligence iron by Rowenta with features that are quite similar to the 5080 but differ in that this one is eco-friendly.
It comes with an exclusive Eco steam system for maximal output and saves 25% more energy while delivering optimal results when compared to the traditional irons.
Furthermore, the steam optimization system offers three settings; the dry position for a perfect finish, the Eco position for the optimal system while saving energy, and the boost position for added steam while tackling thicker fabrics and stubborn creases.
Also, it has an anti-calc system that removes all scales to prevent calcium build-up and impurities thus increasing the lifetime of iron. Auto-shutoff stops power after 8 minutes of inactivity on the heel and 30 seconds on soleplates or tipped over in its sides.
Lastly, If you would like to save energy and preserve the environment at the same time without compromising your sewing and quilting projects, ironing needs this is a perfect choice.
- Eco-friendly, energy and time-saving.
- Scratch-resistant stainless steel soleplate.
- 3D sleek and stylish design with high-precision tip and soft handle grip.
- Three manual steam settings to adjust the steam output.
- A rotary trigger to allow both right- and left-handed use.
- Three-way auto-shutoff feature.
- 1700 watts of power.
- Large 10 Oz water tank optimized to use regular tap water.
- Anti-drip and auto-clean system.
4. Rowenta DW9280 Digital Display SteamForce Iron
This is a digital steam iron that features an ergonomic handle, 25-second heat up time, self-cleaning option and a stainless steel soleplate.
This SteamForce Iron is one of the best performing quilting and sewing iron because it comes with an LCD that illuminates cotton, silk, nylon, or linen to indicate when the soleplate has reached the appropriate temperature for the selected fabric. It’s equipped with a SteamForce pump technology that pumps up to 30% more steam than steam irons without pumps.
Also, it has a smart steam motion sensor that helps to conserve water and electricity by turning off steam when iron stops moving. Furthermore, this iron is quite impressive in that it heats up quickly taking almost half the time of the standard iron thereby saving the time used for ironing when sewing or quilting.
It has an ultra-thin silicate coating for scratch-resistant strength and nonstick gliding to protect delicate fabrics.This is ideal for you if you want an incomparable steam output from a steam iron to penetrate fabrics easily and make ironing faster.
- 1800-watt of power steam iron.
- Steam force technology for fast and effective removal of wrinkles from all types of fabrics.
- Scratch-resistant and durable laser soleplate.
- Exceptionally angled precision tip.
- Easy to fill the water tank of capacity 10.8 Oz.
- Integrated electronic steam pumps deliver up to 30% more steam into the material.
- 400 steam holes for even steam distribution.
- Smart motion sensor which stops steam when the iron is not moving.
- Anti-calcium and self-cleaning systems for long-lasting performance.
- Anti-drip system prevents leaking and spitting.
- LED ready indicator and three-way auto-shutoff.
5. Rowenta DW7180 Steam Iron
This is a top-rated iron that provides you the best steam and pressure. Convenient to use and highly durable.
This is Amazon’s popular choice, an excellent, multi-purpose steam iron that is perfect for sewing and quilting.
Furthermore, this powerful and durable iron is equipped with a removable limescale collector that’s unique to it. This lime collector is for unmatched protection from limescale, it allows the scale to be automatically collected (the amount collected depends on water hardness) and easily emptied.
Finally, it has a smooth and precise heat dial and an evenly distributed number of steam holes, with this less time and effort are required by you to get fabrics and seams perfectly smooth while sewing or quilting.
- Easily control the thermostat knob to provide a precise reading of settings.
- Stainless steel soleplate with 400 micro steam holes offers superior glide across all fabrics.
- Three-way auto-shutoff feature.
- Removable limescale collector for maintaining a high level of steam performance.
- Self-cleaning and anti-calcium system for a clean system.
- 1750 watts of power.
- Super easy and comfortable for use.
- Auto-steam feature to adjust steam output to the temperature of the soleplate.
- Anti-drip system prevents spitting and leaking at low temperatures.
- Three steam options- variable, vertical, and steam burst that adapts to all ironing needs.
6. Rowenta DG8624U1 Perfect Steam Pro Iron
The perfect companion for all your sewing and quilting projects, helping you to create smooth edges, crisp seams and polished finishes with ease.
This powerful Perfect Steam Pro was designed for fast and perfect fabric care and outscores many other standard irons in specifications. Its high steam generation capacity and precise steam control make it ideal for versatile use.
Also, its high-pressure steam shortens the ironing sessions and easily eliminates the toughest wrinkles. It offers a secure locking mechanism for the tank such that steam will not be generated unless the tank is in place.
Lastly, It can be quite expensive but with its large tank and unique safety features, it’s definitely worth the cost.
- Controllable steam output and excellent steam distribution.
- Patented calcium collectors provide long-lasting performance.
- 1800 watts of power for two minutes fast heat up.
- No auto-shutoff feature thus you can iron for as long as you need without unnecessary pauses.
- Durable stainless steel laser soleplate.
- Perfect steam control panel.
- Easy to refill the water tank with a capacity of 37Oz for continuous ironing for up to 90 minutes.
- Unmatched precision and low maintenance.
- Lightweight and easy to operate.
- 4 bars of steam pressure from its built-in boiler system which helps save 35% more ironing time than the average iron.
- Over 400 active steam holes for smooth ironing.
7. Rowenta DW2459 Access Cord Reel Steam Iron
It features an innovative spray system, it distributes steam evenly over all types of fabric, including delicate items like silk and wool.
This steam iron is designed with a texturized and comfortable handle for more enjoyable ironing. This high-quality iron comes with a Cord Reel system offering effortless storage options.
Also, it generates more steam than the traditional iron and saves time spent on ironing.
Lastly, this iron is a top choice for many sewers and quilters and it’s highly recommended if you want to treat yourself to a quality iron.
- 1725 watts of power.
- Over 350 active steam holes for equal steam distribution.
- Retractable cord for neat and easy storage.
- Durable stainless steel soleplate for great ironing results.
- 5 Oz water tank capacity which is easily refilled and optimized for tap water use.
- Safety three-way auto-off system saves energy and reduces the risk of accidents.
- Anti-calcium system to increase the lifetime of iron.
- Anti-drip system prevents delicate fabrics from water dripping and staining.
Ironing is a crucial step in every sewing project and investing in the Rowenta irons will make working on your quilting or sewing projects safer and easier. And not only that, they’re easy to use, reliable, and give the best outcomes.
Lastly, these irons have unique features that put them ahead of some other brands. With the review above, you should be able to find the iron that’s perfect for your seeing or quilting needs