There are quite a several sewing machines that can be used for quilting, some can be pricey and others are inexpensive. Buying a low-cost sewing machine for quilting doesn’t necessarily mean that it will be of poor quality and inconsistent performance, there are a lot of inexpensive machines that have great features and deliver excellent results.
So whether you want to get your first machine as a beginner quilter with a moderate budget, get an extra inexpensive machine as an experienced quilter, or you want to give a newbie quilter as a gift or for any other reason whatsoever there are some great inexpensive ones available in the market for you.
Review of The 7 Best Low-cost Sewing Machine For Quilting In 2023
We’ve reviewed the best inexpensive sewing machine available in the market today to prevent you from making a wrong buying decision and guide you to make the most cost-effective and efficient choice.
During the compilation of this list, a lot of factors were considered such as cost, which is why you’re here but not only that we also considered factors like functionality, durability, ease of navigation, performance, speed, stitch quality, and many others, to make sure you get great value for your money.
If you’re looking for the best low-maintenance sewing machine for quilting, here are the perfect ones to choose from.
1. Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 Sewing Machine
This is a powerful machine that makes it easy to create beautiful projects. Ideal for quilting and other heavy duty stitching.
Stylist 9960 is fully packed with automatic stitch settings, speed control, and other user-friendly features to provide more creative possibilities at a very affordable price. Start-up is a breeze with quick and easy threading, preset stitch length, and width.
In addition, it comes with a large number of stitch options so you can make use of different styles for your quilting projects and even offers alphanumeric fonts to customize your works. With its stitch elongation and mirror imaging options, your creativity with this machine knows no bounds.
- 600 built-in stitches to give a variety of options for your quilting projects.
- Built-in needle threader to prevent eyestrain.
- 850 stitches per minute for high-speed sewing.
- Extension table to accommodate larger quilting projects.
- 7-segment feeding system.
- 13 presser feet for enhanced capability.
- Built-in thread cutter for an easier and faster start.
- Large LCD screen and LED illuminated work area.
- Heavy-duty construction for improved durability and easy handling of tough projects.
2. Janome Magnolia 7330 Sewing Machine
This offers an array of features for any kind of project, including automatic buttonholes and custom stitch selection.
This sewing machine has incorporated Janome’s precision and technology with advanced features to make you accomplish your quilting projects at a great price. Its construction, accessories, and performance are guaranteed to improve your quilting skill.
Furthermore, it requires low maintenance and works splendidly and noiselessly with easy-to-use multi-functions which makes it perfect for use by quilters with any level of skill. But take note that it doesn’t come with an automatic thread cutter.
- 30 built-in stitches.
- 830 stitches per minute sewing speed.
- Large workspace to accommodate your sewing projects.
- Intuitive LCD screen.
- Double lift presser foot to handle thicker fabrics.
- Automatic thread tension.
- Top loading jam-proof bobbin system for seamless sewing.
- Automatic needle threader.
- Easy computerized stitch selection dial Stitch adjustment features.
3. Brother CS7000i Sewing Machine
This features packed machine, provides the quality stitches you would expect from a high end product at an affordable price.
Whether you’re looking to create your next quilting masterpiece or you’re just starting to quilt, this feature-packed sewing and quilting machine has come with quilting accessories to make it easier and faster. Threading has never been easier with its automatic needle threader and easy to follow threading diagrams.
With this machine, you get Brother at your side support offering free technical support and a full 70-stitch chart printed on the front of the sewing machine to view all stitches and aid your stitch selection. It also has a start/stop button, reverses button, and variable speed control for experts and beginners.
- 70 built-in stitches including quilting stitches.
- The extension table and free arm allow for an easier quilting process.
- Drop feed mechanism for free motion quilting.
- Automatic needle threader and jam-proof drop-in top bobbin system.
- Backlit LCD screen and brightly lit work area.
- 10 presser feet included for sewing and quilting.
- Hard protective case for convenient portability.
- Printed quick start guide and complete instructions manual.
4. EverSewn Charlotte Sewing Machine
One of the best low cost sewing machine for quilting. It comes with different built in stitches and extra high presser foot lift.
This low-cost sewing machine is one of the best ones available on the sewing market not only because it’s equipped with many fantastic features to give you a high-performance quilting experience but also because it has a pull-out stitch library card that makes finding you the perfect stitch pattern easier.
It’s of excellent quality with modern appeal and lowering its feed dog enables you to create beautiful quilts.
Also, this sewing machine is ergonomically designed to enable both you as a beginner and an expert to create anything you want without frustration. It’s an excellent sewing machine for quilting at an exceptional price point.
- The 70 stitch pattern provides options for a wide range of projects.
- The wide sewing area to easily manoeuvre large projects.
- Computerized LED stitch panel.
- Feed dog drop for free motion quilting.
- Strong metal frame to ensure longevity and excellent sewing performance.
- Drop-in bobbin with clear cover plate.
- Adjustable sewing speed slider.
- Automatic needle threader.
- Drop feed function for free motion quilting.
- Includes 7 standard presser feet.
5. Singer MX231 Sewing Machine
This is a very powerful machine that comes with many features to help you stitch for long hours without fatigue.
This mechanical sewing machine has not only made this list because of its low cost but also because it’s very easy to use and requires low maintenance. It also comes with popular stitches to handle your basic sewing and quilting.
Another thing you will love about this machine is its adjustable presser foot pressure that allows adjustment for very heavy and lightweight materials. You can further customize stitches as you desire by adjusting stitch length and width.
With the Singer sewing assistant application and a full instructions manual available online, you can get help wherever and whenever you need it.
- 97 built-in stitches to meet your variety of quilting needs.
- Easy stitch selection dial.
- LED lighting to illuminate your working area.
- Automatic needle threader to eliminate eye strain and frustration.
- Adjustable stitch length and width.
- Easy to set up and use.
- A removable storage compartment to store basic accessories.
- Easy to wind a front-load bobbin.
- Full metal frame for optimal durability.
6. Janome 001DC2014 Sewing Machine
This is easy to use, fully computerized sewing machine that features a unique drop-in bobbin for simple and quick bobbin winding.
This computerized sewing machine features the stability and dependability you expect only from high-end sewing machines, allowing you to sew and quilt with precision and confidence. It also has a superior feed system for an exceptional feeding and drops feed feature making quilting easier and faster.
In addition, it’s affordable and has a good stitch quality. It’s equipped with a quilting guide bar, hardcover, easy reverse button, free arm and locking stitch button, and many other varieties of features to meet your diverse quilting needs.
- 50 built-in unique stitches.
- Built-in needle threader.
- 7-piece feed dog for perfectly even fabric feeding.
- Bright LCD screen with easy navigation keys.
- Automatic thread tension control.
- Snap-on presser feet.
- Speed control slider.
- The start/stop button allows you to sew without using the foot pedal.
- Top loading full rotary hook bobbin system.
- Drop feed feature for free motion quilting.
- Automatic thread tension control.
7. Brother XR9550PRW Sewing Machine
It comes with magnificent features, including utility and decorative stitches which are perfect for everyday sewing and quilting projects.
XR9550 is an easy-to-use computerized sewing and quilting machine with unmatched durability and flexibility. It comes with a variety of stitch options that allows you to easily make your stunning quilt projects.
Furthermore, it’s packed with intuitive and advanced functions such as button stitch, length, and width selection, tension adjustment dial, and reverse sewing buttons to make quilting and sewing less daunting and faster. Workspace is also brightly lit to work on dark fabrics and at night.
- 165 unique built-in stitches including quilting and alphanumeric stitches.
- Automatic needle threader.
- Jam resistant drop-in top bobbin system.
- Protective hardcover case.
- Wide extension table to accommodate larger quilting projects.
- 8 quilting and sewing feet included.
- Intuitive backlit LCD screen.
- Adjustable sewing speed control.
- Easy bobbin winding system.
- Drop feed function for free motion quilting and sewing.
- Instructional DVD and free online technical support.
- Lightweight and portable.
Being expensive doesn’t automatically equate to top-quality performance, durability, or even high functionality. And to help your quilting craft experience, we’ve compiled top-rated sewing machines which you can purchase without breaking the bank yet still performing excellently well and giving professional quality results.
With the review above, we hope you’re able to select the ideal one that suits your needs, is best for your project, and makes your craft more pleasurable.