Kenmore is a classic, famous and reliable sewing machine brand that designs excellently performing and good sewing machines. And have several different models appearing in the market over the years. They’re affordable, sturdy, and very efficient, all of which made them popular and loved in the past years.
Though the brand hardly produces any sewing machines nowadays thus making it scarce, experienced old sewers, beginners who want a perfect vintage sewing machine and even antique collectors are still looking to get their hands on a Kenmore sewing machine. Each model of this sewing machine brand has its unique features and specifications which makes it perfect for your sewing needs.
Review of Our 8 Pick of The Best Kenmore Sewing Machine In 2023
Sears Kenmore sewing machines were among the most popular sewing machines available on the market from the 1940s through the 1990s and are the most sought-after. They are designed to be long-lasting, cost-effective, and meet sewer’s needs and demand.
With the different models Kenmore available, we’ve researched and reviewed the best 8 to guide you in making a smart buying decision and worthy investment. While compiling this list we considered factors such as durability, sturdiness, power, performance, and efficiency.
1. Kenmore 385-15202400 Sewing Machine
Comes with an extra high sewing speed for fast production work and a good stitch length for hemming and mending.
Whether you’re a sewer who gets overwhelmed by the modern technology and complex features of an advanced sewing machine or you just want a sewing machine that performs exceptionally well without hassle, this Kenmore model is perfect for you. It allows you to carry out your projects easily even though its features are limited.
Also, it comes with a threading guide to make threading easier and a stitch selection dial to set your desired stitch length and width located just below the pattern selection chart printed on the front of the sewing machine.
This sewing machine is a great addition to your sewing room not only because it’s very simple to use but also because the confidence and certainty with which it works are unmatched.
- Straight and zigzag stitching sewing machine.
- Front-load bobbin system.
- One 4-step buttonhole feature.
- Adjustable stitch length and width.
- Thread cutter function.
- Manual tension adjustment.
- Easy to operate.
- Easy stitch selection dial.
- The instructional guide on care and maintenance included.
2. Kenmore 606-Stitch Sewing Machine
It has lots of built-in stitches to help you create just about any design you can think of. It’s easy to use.
This Kenmore sewing machine is fully engineered and designed with ergonomic features to allow both beginners and advanced users an enjoyable sewing and quilting experience. Its advanced computerized features save you time and allow you to finish your sewing projects on time.
In addition, you can adjust its stitch length and width to get your desired stitch size and has a function to adjust the needle up and down. It also allows you to sew in reverse and reinforce stitches by using its reverse stitch button.
Lastly, this Kenmore model is perfect for use by new and experienced users and it’s your best pick if you want a computerized sewing machine not only for an amazing sewing experience but also for an ultimate quilting project experience.
- 606 built-in stitches and 768 stitch options.
- 3 monogramming fonts for basic monogramming.
- A bright LCD screen and an LED light illuminate the work area.
- 5 pattern combination.
- Multiple needle positions so you can work on a variety of sewing projects.
- Presser foot lifter sensor.
- Drop feed dog lever for free-motion sewing and quilting.
- Start/stop button feature that allows you to work without a foot controller.
3. Kenmore 158.950 Sewing Machine
This machine has a lot of different built-in stitch patterns that make it possible to do multiple tasks like decorative stitching, quilting and much more.
This Sears Kenmore vintage model 2142 cabinet sewing machine has made this list not only because it’s fully engineered and built to handle all types of materials ranging from fine material to leather and canvas but also because It’s a heavy-duty sewing machine that features a zig-zag stitch and comes with a hideaway cabinet.
Also, it features a powerful sewing machine motor that gets your sewing tasks done on time without a lot of bells and whistles. It’s very easy to use by both beginners and advanced sewers.
- Comes in an original wood cabinet.
- Electric sewing machine with a foot pedal.
- Zigzag sewing machine.
- Solid and sturdy craftsmanship.
- Very simple to operate.
4. Kenmore Elite Sewing Machine
This sewing machine is a true workhorse and durable as it’s made of sturdy metal frame. Perfect for professional use.
Kenmore Elite is an advanced sewing machine precisely designed to deliver high-quality sewing and embroidery designs. It’s an impressive combo sewing machine that makes it easy for sewers and embroiders to carry out their creative projects effortlessly.
Furthermore, it has a coloured LCD screen for onscreen embroidery design editing and a stallion that’s set to allow you to explore your creativity without limitations. And to assist while using this sewing machine, it comes with an instructional DVD that also comes with extra embroidery designs.
This combo sewing and embroidery machine is the right choice for you if you want a sewing machine that delivers professional-grade results and can also be used for amazing embroidery designs.
- The sewing speed is 650 stitches per minute.
- 30 built-in embroidery designs and 951 stitch applications to work on a variety of sewing projects.
- 5 different styles of automatic one-step buttonholes.
- Automatic drop feed dog system.
- Coloured LCD screen and handy function buttons.
- Needle up/down button.
- 2 Embroidery monogramming fonts.
- Start/Stop button to start a project without a foot controller.
- Instructional DVD to provide assistance.
- Durable and highly functional.
5. Kenmore 385.1884180 30 Stitch Sewing Machine
This versatile machine comes with the ability to sew any of your creative ideas into reality. Ideal for crafters and quilters.
It’s an affordable and high-quality sewing machine that can do a zig-zag stitch perfectly. It’s very versatile as it comes with 30 stitch patterns in addition to the zig-zag stitch to complete a wide range of sewing tasks.
Another thing you will love about this sewing machine is that it’s smooth running and functions silently with almost no vibration. It’s portable and has an easy carrying handle for transportation.
This is your best pick if you want a Kenmore sewing machine that’s affordable and of outstanding quality.
- Inexpensive and of high quality.
- Lightweight and compact.
- 30 built-in stitches and patterns Including decorative and utility stitches for versatility.
- Rotary hook bobbin system.
6. Kenmore 19106 Sewing Machine
It comes with a variety of features that make it stand out from other sewing machines available in the market.Â
This model of Kenmore sewing machine has made this list not only because of its powerful motor that makes it easy to handle a wide array of sewing projects but also because it’s a very budget-friendly sewing machine.
With this sewing machine, handling multiple layers of fabrics is made simple and seamless. It operates noiselessly and with three fixed options for stitch length and width, you can easily tackle your everyday sewing tasks.
Its heavy-duty construction allows for vibrationless and skip-free sewing, this is a great option if you want a top-quality sewing machine that’s affordable and doesn’t compromise good performance for the price.
- Sturdy Aluminum frame to handle heavyweight sewing projects.
- 6 built-in stitches and 42 stitch applications.
- Free arm capability to handle small and tight sewing projects.
- 4-step buttonhole feature.
- Drop feed lever.
- Easy threading system.
- Quickset, top drop-in bobbin system.
7. Kenmore 117.720 Sewing Machine
This kenmore machine is one of the best sewing machines you will come across. It is also easy to use, very affordable.
This sewing machine has an impressive sewing speed and excellent feeding ability with old-style two-pronged feet. It’s capable of making perfectly straight and reverse stitches, a perk of its well-designed stitch regulator.
It’s a strongly built sewing machine with long-lasting durability and features a quad feed dog configuration that feeds excellently well in both forward and reverses. You will love this sewing machine if you want an easy-to-operate and highly functional vintage sewing machine that performs well.
- Rotary hook bobbin system.
- Straight stitch only sewing machine.
- 4-piece feed dog system for even and exceptional fabric feeding.
- The maximum sewing speed of about 1,050 stitches per minute.
- Simple threading system.
- Adjustable presser foot pressure.
- Reverse sewing feature to reinforce stitches.
- Highly durable and sturdy.
8. Kenmore 158.1340 Sewing Machine
This is a high quality, durable machine, it comes with all the necessary features you need in a sewing machine.
This mechanical sewing machine made this list because its stitch quality, durability, and performance are unmatched. It’s packed with the most desirable accessories available at the time it was manufactured.
Additionally, it’s durably constructed and solidly built to last long and offer skip-free sewing. Its stitch options are colourfully displayed on the front panel as well as on the stitch selection dial and threading and bobbin winding are made super easy.
Lastly, this is for you if you want an easy-to-use vintage sewing machine though it doesn’t have a drop feed feature be rest assured that it’s only a minor setback amidst the perks the sewing machine has to offer.
- 6 essential built-in stitches.
- Free arm area to work on small sewing projects.
- Large reverse stitch button to reinforce stitches.
- Front-loading bobbin system with a rotary hook.
- The light bulb brightens your sewing area.
- One top-quality 4-step buttonhole feature.
- Heavy-duty metal frame
- Manual tension adjustment.
- Easy and user-friendly operation.
- Smooth and quiet operation.
- 4 presser feet included.
Owning a Sears Kenmore sewing machine provides you with an efficient and effective sewing process with high-quality professional results. And while it’s scarce you can still get your hands on this vintage sewing machine in a few marketplaces and start sewing seamlessly.
We hope you’re able to make a worthy buying decision with the review above and start enjoying all the perks that come with a Kenmore sewing machine.