The twisting and tangling of the power cord of irons cause a lot of frustration for the users and with time technology has been able to end this unnecessary inconvenience. Introducing the cordless iron which as the name implies is an iron that doesn’t have a cord has put an end to hassles on cords.
This type of iron is a convenient and hassle-free option, it needs no power cord, and instead, it’s heated up on a corded base. Although you will still need to frequently dock the iron on the base to reheat, a lot of people don’t mind because of the unrestricted movement and no cord tangling that comes with this model.
9 Best Cordless Iron for Quilting and Buying Guide In 2023
There are so many different cordless irons on the market that it can be difficult to know which is the right model for your specific needs. Thankfully, weâ€™ve done the research for you.
Weâ€™ve tested and tested and tested the heck out of several of the best cordless irons on the market to find you the absolute best cordless iron for quilting. If youâ€™re looking to save money on your quilt machine, then this article is for you.
By the end of this article, youâ€™ll know the best cordless iron for quilting so that you can buy the one that fits your needs and your budget.
1. Panasonic NI-WL600 Cordless Iron
Has the modern soleplate which is able to provide a smooth, flawless gliding and will not scratch or damage your valuable fabrics.
This is one of the ultimate cordless iron for quilting, crafting, and sewing. With its cordless technology, versatile heat, steam, and a dual-pointed soleplate that presses fabric from every direction, this iron is designed for piecing, craft, and carrying cases for easy portability and storage.
Furthermore, it comes with a corded heating base and retractable cord reel which iron is easily set in to heat iron to your specified temperature. A temperature-ready light is seen when the iron is set to be used and the charging base has an auto shut off feature to turn itself off after inactivity for 10 minutes.
It has an anti-calc which reduces calcium buildup to prevent clogging for powerful steam release, and an anti-drip system which prevents water leakage and protects against water spots.
- No more tangled power cords.
- 360-degree ironing for precision and speed.
- The auto safety shut-off feature automatically turns the iron off after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- Detachable water tank.
- 1500 watts of power.
- Dual-tipped, non-stick, curved stainless steel soleplate.
- The spray mist button gets wrinkles out with an extra shot of moisture.
- Adjustable steam and dry settings.
- Easy to set ironing functions.
- Lightweight and heat-resistant carrying case.
2. ANSIO 408W Mini Steam Iron
Comes with an Auto Shut Off feature so that you can be safe from over-heating and it’s automatic shut off after 30 minutes of inactivity.
This portable and user-friendly iron are designed to include all the features of a steam iron into a compact device ideal for craft and travel purposes.
Also, it offers a temperature range from 65â°C to 230â°C allowing you to remove wrinkles and stubborn creases from most fabrics. This temperature is adjusted to suit a specific fabric using the temperature control dial.
Despite its size, it has a water tank that’s capable of generating enough steam for smooth ironing. Steam is only released by the press of a button when iron is held horizontally over clothing, its release is stopped when ironing is standing.
Another thing about this iron is that it’s very easy to grasp and glide over every area of the fabric being ironed and can easily be packed into your quilting tool bag to take to travel.
- Compact, lightweight, and easy to use.
- 408W of power.
- Non-stick ceramic soleplate which enables iron to glide effortlessly over the fabric.
- Perfect for quilting and other craft project ironing needs.
- An ergonomically designed handle enables you to hold the iron comfortably.
- Steam release function.
- Anti-drip technology.
3. Tower T22008 CeraGlide Cordless Steam Iron
This Cordless Iron comes with an Anti-Drip feature and a powerful steam burst that delivers optimal steam for all fabric types.
This 2-in-1 CeraGlide iron cordless/cord steam iron can be used as a traditional corded iron or go cordless to avoid pesky wires. It delivers an exceptional performance with a non-stick, scratch-resistant ceramic soleplate for an effortless glide across fabrics thus saving time spent on ironing.
Also, with just a 30-second heat-up, you will get a 35 seconds usage time for a powerful ironing experience and simply place the iron back on the base for 15 seconds between uses to recharge.
It provides precise steam bursts across small and large fabrics to remove stubborn creases and wrinkles and make your quilting process easier.
- 2400 watts of power.
- Operated cordlessly for tangle-free ironing after 30 seconds of heat-up
- Operated corded if need be.
- Non-stick, scratch-resistant CeraGlide ceramic soleplate for 30% faster ironing.
- Precise steam bursts to get rid of stubborn wrinkles.
- Anti-drip system.
- Self-cleaning and anti-calcium system.
- Variable steam function with spray for quality ironing.
- Large water tank capacity to get through a lot of clothes with just one fill.
4. Swan 2-in-1 Steam Press Iron.
It’s soleplate delivers more precise and consistent heat than average irons. It gives better precision in your quilting, thus making your projects easier to finish.
This portable steam iron made this list because of its impressive features one of which is its innovative cord/cordless technology which allows for complete freedom of movement without worrying about twisted cords.
Furthermore, to make it even more perfect for ironing your quilting fabrics it’s equipped with variable steam functions and temperature controls which gives this iron versatility to effortlessly remove creases.
Recharging is quite easy, you just replace the iron in any direction on the 360-base station for the iron to be recharged quickly. The locking switch safety attaches the steam iron firmly to the base station.
- Non-stick ceramic soleplate serves as a powerful crease remover.
- Heats up very fast with 2800 watts of power for efficient ironing.
- The smart cordless feature allows for unrestricted ironing.
- The cord can be attached to use while charging.
- Variable steam options.
- Generous water tank capacity to steam through piles with just one refill.
- Self-cleaning, anti-drip, and the anti-calcium system give it a long life span.
5. Panasonic NI-QL1000G 360-Degree Freestyle Cordless Iron
An ideal cordless iron for quilting. It has a sleek and stylish design. its soleplate coating ensures durability.
This is a cordless iron with an all-around unrestricted movement for quicker and easier pressing of clothing, quilting, and sewing. You will not only love the incredible freedom and convenience that comes with this iron but also the ability to navigate every part of the fabric for thorough ironing.
Steam is evenly distributed around the soleplate for powerful 360-degree steaming, and the precise steam sensor leaves no room for worrying about dripping and fabric stain. Also, it automatically turns itself off after 30 minutes of inactivity.
Lastly, treat your quilt fabrics and piece with the best of care using this cordless iron that has features to make your quilting crafts go smoothly.
- Non-stick nickel-coated stainless soleplate.
- Compact and highly durable.
- Cordless ironing freedom.
- Advanced precision and double-tipped soleplate for smooth gliding.
- Removable water reservoir.
- Corded heating base and retractable cord reel.
- Resist calcium buildup to keep fabrics stain-free.
- Heat-resistant snap-on carrying case for portability and storage.
- Powerful, versatile steam with touch button heat settings.
- Gentle on your handmade pieces.
6. Black+Decker ICL500 Light ‘N’ Go Cordless Iron
Fast and efficient cordless iron. It makes the whole fabric pressing process much more easier and efficient.
This made the list not only because it makes it easy to iron without the hassle that comes with corded irons but also because its charging base which heats the iron quickly and has a light ring that signals when the iron needs to be recharged and when it’s ready for use.
The ceramic nonstick soleplate is durable and efficiently retains heat to smooth out wrinkles. When left unused for about 8 minutes the iron shut off itself.
And with a fast 10 seconds recharge, you get up to 25 seconds of ironing. The iron is designed to recharge in the time it takes you to adjust fabrics on the ironing board. To remove tough creases and wrinkles, the right amount of moisture is applied by the spray mist.
- Cordless design for versatile, tangle-free ironing.
- Ceramic nonstick soleplate smooths out wrinkles on a variety of fabrics.
- 1500 watts of power for fast, powerful heat.
- An illuminated charging base delivers fast heat and convenience.
- Large water tank for steady spray mist and steaming during long ironing sessions.
- The auto-cleaning function removes scale build-up.
7. Sunbeam Corded or Cordless Hybrid Steam Iron
It offers a number of features that are specifically designed to make sewing and quilting easier. It’s also durable and affordable.
This 1500W hybrid steam iron from Sunbeam provides up to 60 seconds of continuous heat and steam in cordless mode and quickly recharges in just 25 seconds on its base.
Also, its ceramic soleplate is smooth and offers more glide ability across a range of fabrics than stainless steel or other nonstick surfaces.
Lastly, it’s versatile and convenient for quilters due to its unmatched glide ability, ironing time after heating, and a lot of other great features.
- The anti-drip feature prevents water from leaking.
- LED indicator that signals when the iron needs to be recharged.
- The three-way auto-shut feature turns the iron off when it’s left on its base.
- Easy to use adjustable steam control.
- 1500 watts of power.
- Spray mist for heavy wrinkles.
- Anti-calc and self-cleaning features help keep ironworking smoothly.
8. Morphy Richards 303250 Cordless Steam Iron
This device comes with a top notch anti-drip system which prevents excess steam from leaving the iron and messing up your fabrics or workspace.
With this iron, the freedom of cordless doesn’t mean compromising on performance, with its continuous steam and additional steam boost. It’s equipped with steam that automatically adjusts to the temperature and a smooth ceramic soleplate, so you can glide across fabrics conveniently.
To recharge, simply dock iron from any direction on its charging base for a full reheat in as little as 25 seconds. It’s of a quality you can trust but note that for the proper functioning of the cordless iron, place it back on its charging base between uses as the iron only reheats when placed on the base.
It’s a good buy because it comes with a range of features to enhance your cordless ironing experience.
- 360-degree charging base.
- Glide through ironing without the hassle of a cord.
- Powerful steam boost ready to eliminate stubborn creases.
- 2400 watts of power.
- The self-cleaning feature prevents limescale buildup.
- Automatic shut off when left unused for extra safety.
- Temperature controlled steam.
- Quick and easy recharge between ironing.
9. Russell Hobbs 23300 Freedom Cordless Iron
This iron heats up in seconds and has different heat settings for any fabric type which allows you to select the best temperature.
The Freedom iron is a tidy, hassle-free gadget that gives the fabric a quick spray of moisture to soften it up and make ironing easier. It has no trailing cords that make it convenient to iron wherever you feel the most comfortable.
Furthermore, its five seconds fast recharge time means you won’t be wasting time during long ironing sessions. And it comes with more impressive functions than traditional iron. It’s designed to make your ironing experience enjoyable.
- 2400 watts of power.
- Smooth ceramic soleplate that glides through even the most stubborn creases without snagging.
- Large transparent water tank.
- Base light indicators illuminate different colors to display when your iron is heating, ready to use and when it’s recharging.
- Lightweight and high steam output.
- Anti-drip function to protect fabrics from water drop stains.
Tips on How to Use a Cordless Steam Iron
Here are tips on how you can use a cordless steam Iron, even if you are not a professional.
- Place the quilt top on the ironing board or work surface.
- Plugin the cordless steam iron and let it start automatically heating up.
- When the iron is ready, use the switch to turn it on.
- Place your hand on top of the quilt top and use your fingers to press down firmly on the quilt top.
- Keep your hands close together while pressing down; this will help ensure that all of the wrinkles are ironed out.
- When youâ€™re done, release your hand and let the iron cool for a few minutes so that the wrinkles can disappear completely.
- Remove the quilt top from the machine and enjoy your beautiful finished product.
Factors To Consider Before Buying Cordless Iron for Quilting
When it comes to quilting, there are a number of factors that one should look out for while purchasing a cordless iron.
This article will discuss some of these factors and help you make the right decision when shopping for a cordless iron for quilting.
I. What Type of Quilting are you Doing?
When it comes to quilting, there are a number of different types of quilting. Some people quilt using a straight stitch, while others use a zigzag or rotary stitch. You should also be aware of the type of fabric youâ€™re using.
If youâ€™re quilting with fabric that will be exposed to the air (like denim), you want an iron that has a large enough plate size. If youâ€™re quilting with fabric that wonâ€™t be touched (like silk), then you donâ€™t need as large of an iron.
II. How Often do you Quilt?
One of the most important things to consider when purchasing a cordless iron for quilting is how often you will be quilting. A cordless iron can be used multiple times per day, so it’s important to make sure that it can be used frequently.
Additionally, it’s important to make sure that the cordless iron is compatible with your quilting equipment. You should also research the different types of cordless irons and find one that will work best with your quilting machines.
III. Does it get Hot?
When it comes to electric irons, it is important to make sure that the iron gets hot. A cordless iron should not get too hot, as this can cause damage to the skin. Additionally, a cordless iron should be able to reach all the wrinkles in your fabric quickly.
IV. Is it Quiet?
The amount of noise a cordless iron makes is important to consider. Some cordless irons produce significantly more noise than others.
If youâ€™re quilting in a quiet environment, it may be a good idea to buy an iron that produces lower noise levels.
V. Is it Portable?
Portable cordless irons are a great choice for quilting because they can be taken with you wherever you go.
Not only that, but they’re also more efficient than traditional corded irons. Cordless irons use less electricity and are easier to operate.
VI. Are there any Accessories that come with it?
If there are any accessories that come with the cordless iron, make sure to buy them. This will help you save on your purchase.
You may also want to consider whether you need a different size or brand of cordless iron for quilting. Some people use larger needles than others, so it is important to consider the size of the cordless iron before purchasing it.
VII. Is it Affordable?
One of the most important factors to consider when buying a cordless iron for quilting is its affordability. Many cordless irons are available at a fraction of the cost of traditional models.
Should You Use a Cordless Steam Iron for Quilting?
Do you know that for as long as people have been using sewing machines to make quilts, the machines have gotten much more efficient? Back in the day, a standard sewing machine would take days to iron a quilt top. Nowadays, most machines can iron in minutesâ€”and the results are well worth the wait.
A cordless steam iron makes ironing a quilt top so easy and hassle-free that you wonâ€™t believe your eyes. Itâ€™s fantastic for those who live in small apartments or who donâ€™t have a lot of space for a sewing machine.
Is it Worth Getting a Cordless Iron?
Yes, a cordless iron is definitely worth getting. Not only is it faster than a traditional machine, but cordless machines are also more efficient.
A regular sewing machine takes around two hours to iron a quilt top. With a cordless steam iron, it will only take around 25 minutes. This means that you can spend more time on other tasks in your home and less time ironing your quilt top.
Do Cordless Irons Have Batteries?
No, not really. Cordless irons rely on steam to do their work. Steam is powered by batteries, but itâ€™s so powerful that it doesnâ€™t need batteries.
So even if you lose your battery for your cordless iron, you can still use it as long as you have a compatible charger.
Ironing is essential in quilting projects and investing in the right cordless iron is one step towards making a nice and elegant quilt. With the accurate and precise review above, we hope we’ve been able to end your struggle of finding the best cordless iron for quilting among the pool available on the market.
And with the list, we’ve compiled you should rest assured that anyone you choose will bring nothing short of perfection to your project.